I really wish this is true ; that we meet
the ones we have lost.
I wonder if it's something I say to myself to make sense of this ache or is it because my brother reassured me that we will meet again for fear he felt I would lose my sanity without him here on earth.
I was thinking of my walk in Kodaikanal with a close friend who said , " I wish I could kill you so you both could just be together" and I feel that so much. Not to die. To really meet my brother again. To see my nephew and both my grandmas in their best selves, living their best lives ; not when they were sick and compromised in their last days.
There is a longing to meet again in our casual and mundane moments, warm embraces, candid laughter and secret jokes in all the corners of the house where the light shines,not because of the sun but radiating from the love we have for each other that noone else will share.
-Apphia D'souza

No comments:
Post a Comment